From ducts deep in our souls
Where pains and joys and compassions swell…
From confluences in the course of our experience
Where we meet and mingle
And recognize our sharing of common ground…
And feel that certain rush
Of our destination’s blue…
From our confessions
Voluntarily or otherwise given…
Verbally or otherwise spoken…
That now allows for the lifting of that lid
Which suppresses a certain internal commotion
In the swollen chambers of our hearts
That threatens to explode unless relieved…
For those who look on and wonder…
That is where our tears come from…
Adapted from: Roy Alexander Graham's "Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls.”
See this and other works @ www.figtreeenterprises.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
IT’S AUTUMN… LET THERE BE SPACES IN YOUR TOGETHERNESS
“ Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of lo...
-
A few years ago I sat with my wife in an audience at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia, as the late Congressman John Lewis gave...
-
“In my dreams I walk the winds, I climb the stairs of open space; In my dreams I float ...Unfettered...
-
Talking ‘bout this And talking ‘bout that ‘Bout how horse dead And how cow fat And hey diddle diddle And cats on fiddles And cow jump over m...
No comments:
Post a Comment