( I wrote this poem in November 1995 to mourn the murder /assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin )
Fanatics…
Creating gods in their own images
Fashioning revelations
After the likeness of their fantasies
Obsessed with changing a world they do not understand
Proselyte purveyors of myopic tragedies…
Prophets of doom
Preaching a vision colored in red fluidity…
Blind to the broader view…
Deaf to the words of others…
Unconvinced know-it-alls
Demagogues
Raving demi-gods
Delusional seers
Lusting for powers that none can have
Who has not come to know the incarnation of love
As the only true religion
Wasps…
Messengers of destruction
Harboring jealousies
Of those who know how to make honey
In a world oft void of sweetness…
Helpers of the Serpent…
Spoilers of Eden
From the book “Of Paradise Despised... and lives that bought into a lie ” By Roy Alexander Graham
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
IT’S AUTUMN… LET THERE BE SPACES IN YOUR TOGETHERNESS
“ Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of lo...
-
A few years ago I sat with my wife in an audience at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia, as the late Congressman John Lewis gave...
-
“In my dreams I walk the winds, I climb the stairs of open space; In my dreams I float ...Unfettered...
-
Talking ‘bout this And talking ‘bout that ‘Bout how horse dead And how cow fat And hey diddle diddle And cats on fiddles And cow jump over m...
No comments:
Post a Comment