Excerpt from the book 'Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls' by Roy Alexander Graham
“The crumbled walls of my fathers' house
Lies all around me... On top and below... Trapping and bruising…
I have lived the narrowed space of my mothers' degradation…
In the anxious hurt of the constant night of my fear
I have listened to every voice that told me
That for every reason I must stay here
And confine my existence to the shadows of a shattered time…
But…I…did not believe…
I chose to remove the clasp of my fathers' bondage…
I decided to rid myself of their names…
And I recreated my Mothers
Making of them virgins perpetual…
And my life became again…An Immaculate Conception.
I am…The begotten…And I…shall fall no more”
'Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls' available on Amazon Kindle
'Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls' available on Apple iBooks
'Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls' available on Barnes & Noble Nook
Friday, November 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
IT’S AUTUMN… LET THERE BE SPACES IN YOUR TOGETHERNESS
“ Let there be spaces in your togetherness, And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of lo...
-
A few years ago I sat with my wife in an audience at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia, as the late Congressman John Lewis gave...
-
“In my dreams I walk the winds, I climb the stairs of open space; In my dreams I float ...Unfettered...
-
Talking ‘bout this And talking ‘bout that ‘Bout how horse dead And how cow fat And hey diddle diddle And cats on fiddles And cow jump over m...
No comments:
Post a Comment