Monday, March 28, 2016

I... The River


I have become the River…
Unlike the Nile…or Thames…or Rio Grande
I need no specific place or time
I have no boundaries…no beginning or end
I claim no place…no one
And I can be claimed by none…

I have become the River…
Untamed by mountains…or rocks…or
Other hardened places…
I find my way eventually
To the source of all rivers…unstoppable
I toil without tiring

I have become the River
Drawing to myself the many tributaries
Which are my sources…
I am full with the many waters
Of this great Eternity…
I flow forever in you…over you…beyond you…

From: Roy Alexander Graham's... “Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Saw God Today…

( Reflections on life from a place of wonderful simplicity in Jamaica … years ago) I saw God today In simplicity of life In the hopefulness ...