Sunday, July 9, 2023

Deep Waters Of My Soul



Struggling against the currents

In the ocean depths

Of an eroticism that will not let me go…

Swimming now

Sinking now

Fighting for my life against the waves

Of my own raging desires…


Clutching at the straw of my rationality

Hoping to be rescued by my mind

But in vain…

Sinking still in the quicksand

Of a passion whose depth I cannot fathom…


And in the murky depths of my mind

Vague memories of my mother’s womb

Occupying spaces they should not…

How can I love

When I am not free

To be…


Floating now on the raft of courage

That rises

Released by daring…

Drifting willfully into the sunset

Of an emotion that matured

When I separated myself

From the encumberment

Of my conception…


So traveled I…the channels of my rage…

So conquered I…the deep waters of my soul




Excerpt From - Of Scattered Seed and Broken Souls

Roy Alexander Graham

https://books.apple.com/us/book/of-scattered-seed-and-broken-souls/id574443144

This material may be protected by copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disequilibrium

  A distant aching in my mind Circumscribing my world… Remnant pains gathering to haunt The empty bowels of my senses… Contrary voices screa...